Bag Machine Operator
Bag Machine Operator
Our Client is a print and packaging manufacturer, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Their Facility is located in the GTA. We are seeking an experienced Machine Operator, who is a team player, strong communicator, is engaging, and will deliver results for our customers. This role will manage the efficient setup and operation of a Stand-up Pouch Machine. Candidates with experience running poly bag, and pouch bag lines, and knowledge with the following types of machines:
• Sun Center
|Job Ref.||Bag Machine Operator|
|Location||Greater Toronto Area|
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the operation of stand-up pouch making equipment. The Pouch Machine Operator is responsible for producing pouches within standard production efficiencies while verifying they meet customer specifications.
- Machine Operators will have overall responsibility for the machine operation from set-up and manufacturing to maintenance and quality control/food packaging safety functions.
- Perform required maintenance and daily housekeeping on the press and surrounding area.
- Work closely with teams/departments to create an environment that supports workflow and continuous improvements of all pressroom operations.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for pressroom operations.
- Work safely, abide by, and promote established safety policies and procedures.
- Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Must have the ability to think through the mechanical aspects of press operations, problem-solving and decision making.
- Plastic Bag Machine Operator; familiar with Roan & Totani Machines.
- Set up and operate the pouch maker within acceptable production, waste, quality, and food packaging safety standards.
- Visually inspect pouches to insure customer quality standards, and requirements are met.
- Perform quality testing using various lab equipment and documenting results.
- Assist in sorting and packing finished pouches inboxes.
- Complete production paperwork, and data entry on PC in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment according to 5s principals.
- Troubleshoot equipment and product quality issues
- Follow all GMP and department safety rules.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned. Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Must have basic math, reading, writing skills, and have the ability to tactfully communicate to customers and employees of all levels of the company.
- Have the ability to recall and set bag recipes from the equipment's computer systems for each setup.
- Starts and Monitors machine continually at all points.
- 3+ years of experience as a Bag Machine Operator.
- High School diploma or higher.