Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, candidate selection. Optimum Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client is in the carpentry industry, who has been in business for over 25 years. Their Facility is in Mississauga.
We are seeking an experienced Cabinet Maker, who is a team player, strong communicator, is engaging, and will deliver results for our customer. This role will manage the efficient cutting components and assembly of cabinets.
|Job Type||Permanent / Fulltime|
|Pay Rates||$25 - $30 / Hour Based on experience|
|Available Shifts||Days Monday - Friday and possible weekends when needed|
- Study plans, specifications, or blueprints of articles to be made, and/ or prepare specifications.
- Mark outlines/ dimensions of parts on wood.
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand and power tools to cut, shape and form parts and components.
- Construct and assemble cabinet components to make sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified by the foreman and client.
- Verify and double check all calculations to ensure alignment of doors, hinges, and side panels, always using blueprints or design plans for reference.
- Clean and repair all equipment necessary for your work, including handsaws, table saws, skill saws, and a variety of drills and sanding tools.
- Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently, and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions.
- Install the appropriate hardware, such as hinges and handles, and order replacement materials when needed.
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units.
- Reinforce joints and attachments to maximize sturdiness and durability without compromising aesthetic appeal or functionality.
- Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two or more years of cabinet making experience.
- Knowledge of materials and processing.
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Work safely, abide by and promote established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Has own tools.
- Having own power tools is an asset.
- Preferred language: English.