Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, candidate selection. Optimum Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of custom fabricated plastic & fibreglass contact molded products, specializing in chemical applications & pollution control equipment. they design and engineer ventilation systems, fibreglass equipment, process systems and dual lamination equipment. Our client has been in business for over 15 years and growing, their Facility is in Brampton.
We are seeking a fibreglass FRP Laminator, Pipefitter, Thermoplastic Welder who has a passion for making and creating. someone who enjoys to work with their hands on custom projects. He is responsible for taking blueprints and turning them into reality and ensuring the product he makes exceeds all customer expectations.
This position must be filled as soon as possible
|Job Type||Permanent / Fulltime|
|Pay Rates||$20 - $35 / Hour Based on experience|
|Available Shifts||Days Monday - Friday and possible weekends when needed|
- Perform bonding, curing and wet laminating tasks.
- Perform surface preparation, sealing and release tasks.
- Laminate fiberglass mats, bidirectional, nexus or other composite material.
- Fabricate molds from various materials.
- Setup components to be bonded together, to meet drawing dimensional requirements.
- Work in compliance with Engineering and Quality requirements.
- Support safety program by helping to maintain a clean work environment, clear workspaces of trip, slip or fall hazards.
- Organize tools, equipment and materials.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally, 2 plus years’ experience with Industrial Fiberglass applications, maintenance and/or repairs.
- Knowledge of fiberglass laminates; knowledge of plastic welding, coatings and liners a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude, basic math skills required: read tape measure, blueprints, calipers, fractions and decimals.
- Mechanical repair, carpentry, pipefitting, and/or fibreglass laminating skills a plus.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to follow safety, quality and production requirements and standards.
- Ability to use or learn safe usage of standard hand power tools.
- Takes ownership of situations.
- Takes pride in work.
- A good working attitude, enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills and the all functions within the business.
- Ability to work without direct supervision at times as well as within a team.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others, maintain respectful, positive interactions.
- Willing to work flexible hours and over time.
- Physical requirements: stand for long periods of time, crouch, kneel, bend, reach, lift up to 25-50lbs, wear Personal Protective Equipment, good finger/hand dexterity.
- Work environment: usually a moderate noise level but on occasion loud environments; some work sites may include exposure to heights or confined spaces.