Our Client is a print and packaging manufacturer, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Their Facility is located in the GTA.
We are seeking an experienced wide web press operator, who is a team player, strong communicator, is engaging, and will deliver results for our customers. This role will manage the efficient set up and operation of a 10 color flex press.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Set up and operate central impressions flexographic printing press to print designs on rolls of flexible packaging and paper for use in making products.
- Color management using X-rite system
- Identify, recommend and implement areas for Lean and continuous improvement/modification.
- Ensure tools and supplies are properly maintained.
- Perform required maintenance and daily housekeeping on the press and surrounding area.
- Work closely with teams/departments to create an environment that supports workflow and continuous improvements of all pressroom operations.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for pressroom operations.
- Work safely, abide by and promote established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rates||Based on experience|
Tasks & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to think through the mechanical aspects of press operations, problem solving and decision making.
- Must have the ability to learn and or have thorough understanding of the central impression flexographic printing process.
- Must have over 5 years of 10 color flex press experience.
- Must be familiar with color management using X-rite system.
- Fully familiar with press fingerprinting technology.
- Understand solvent ink as it relates to the process of printing.
- The incumbent must also be able to select plate laying sequence to fit current anilox configuration.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to manage time effectively on multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Must have basic math, reading, writing skills, and have the ability to tactfully communicate to customers and employees of all levels of the company.