Industrial Millwright Mechanic
Industrial Millwright Mechanic
Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, candidate selection. Optimum Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client is a Flexible packaging manufacturer, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Their Facility is in the GTA. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Millwright Mechanic, who is a team player, strong communicator, is engaging, and will deliver results for our customer .
|Job Type||Direct Hire / Permanent|
|Pay Rates||TBD based on skills and experience|
|Available Shift||Day/ Afternoon|
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on roasting, processing, and packaging equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments;
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance;
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment;
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts;
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests;
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports (as required) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing personal networks;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions;
- Responsible for GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and quality, and being aware of SQF System Program.
About your SKILLS:
- Safety compliance, including Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures.
- Must be detail-oriented with little supervision.
- Teamwork and contributing to overall team efforts.
- Preventive maintenance and machinery operation.
- Reading and interpreting diagrams, sketches, and manuals.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing machinery malfunctions.
- Fast learner, with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and skills.