Our client in Oakville, ON who is in the food processing industry is currently seeking a Millwright member to add to their team. Our client is in the roasting and packaging of coffee for over 30 years. We are looking to fill two spots one for week day shift and another for week end shift.
The Millwright maintains production and quality by ensuring seamless, cost-effective operation of machinery and mechanical equipment in a multi-shift environment.
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Available Shifts||One for week days and one for weekend shift|
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on roasting, processing, and packaging equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments;
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance;
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment;
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts;
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests;
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports (as required) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing personal networks;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions;
- Responsible for GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and quality, and being aware of SQF System Program.
- Licensed Millwright or equivalent experience/training;
- 3-5 years’ experience (preference within food manufacturing industry);
- Able to take direction, both verbal and written, and communicate effectively. Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity required to make repairs to mechanical equipment;
- Frequently required to stand and walk;
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required;
- Able to work on ladders and lifts.
Minimum 3+ years of experience in the food manufacturing industry is preferred.
High School diploma or higher.
Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, and Direct Hire services We would like to thank all candidates, in advance, for their interest in Optimum Staffing Solutions. However, only the chosen candidates will be contacted for further discussion.