Our client in Etobicoke, ON is currently seeking Setup Technicians to add to their team. Our client is in the Flexible Packaging / Bag making industry for over 30 years. We are looking to fill two spots one for the day shift and another for an afternoon shift.
|Job Ref.||Set-Up Technician|
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Available Shifts||One for Days and one for Afternoons|
Responsibilities of the Setup Technician job include, but are not limited to:
- Independently performs the smooth set up and operation of the bag and pouch making machines.
- Ensuring all safety protocols are being adhered to by completing work in a safe manner and compliance with all health and safety systems.
- Troubleshoot process issues.
- Support productivity improvement projects.
- Assist in sample making activities.
- Ensure lockout/tagout processes followed.
- Ensure quality standards are met by performing product qualification processes.
- Oversee the set up and optimization of bag making machines producing side weld, stand up pouches and box bottom bags.
- Oversee bag machine staff on assigned shift to ensure compliance with safety, food safety and to achieve operation goals.
- Perform routine minor maintenance and adjustments to equipment as required.
- Ensure optimal quality of the finished products at the designated machine target rates.
- Ensure adequate material flow on the shift for WIP and FG products within the Department. Enter production data into ERP system and print associated labels.
- Oversee helper to ensure material handling activities are effectively carried out to reduce machine downtime.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Set-up Technician Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience with Stand-up Pouch Machine.
- Understanding of mechanical and machine control functions.
- Must be physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.