Sr. Financial Analyst
Sr. Financial Analyst
Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, candidate selection. Optimum Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
The company is a global manufacturer of high-quality pharmaceutical labels and packaging including folding cartons, leaflets, speciality and functional labels. Their Facility is located in Etobicoke. .
We are seeking an On-site Senior Financial Analyst.The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for general accounting, month-end accounting processes, financial reporting andanalysis, administrative duties, and supporting the various other functions within the finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will also support the needs of other departments such as Treasury and Tax.
|$80,000-$90,000 per year
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support the month-end closing process for at least three corporate general ledgers. Prepare journal entries, including foreign currency transactions and bank entries, financial statements, account reconciliations, continuity schedules, complete FX analysis and analyze information for accuracy, completeness and presentation.
- Manage accounts payable including reviewing invoices and reviewing journal entries.
- Perform consolidated intercompany reconciliation through HFM and correspondence with global Controllers.
- Prepare quarterly United Kingdom consolidated financial statements.
- Work closely with Tax and Treasury Departments to develop year-end equity investment continuity schedules and bankbook analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of HFM including entering and reviewing historical rates/ values and journal entry roll-overs.
- Responsible for responding to auditor queries.
- Complete certain Statistic Canada reports and filings.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and complete various projects as required.
- Complete administrative duties such as scanning, filing and other.
- Flexible to perform modified responsibilities as the role develops over time.
- Ensure compliance with all financial policies and procedures, IFRS, Bill 198 and tax regulations.
- Adhere to safe work practices, instructions and rules. Perform work duties in a manner that ensures health and safety of all employees.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Accounting designation or working towards accounting designation preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting or related experience.
- Experience with complex bank reconciliations.
- Expeirence with intercompany reconciliations for multi-currency organization.
- Experience with month-end with foreign currency entities.
- Experience using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Smart View and Epicor (Strong asset).
- Strong MS Excel skills such as Vlookups, Macros, Formulas.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage time and organize work.
- Broad perspective of business and operations preferably in a corporate environment.
- CPA or any other accounting designation.