Print Press Operator
Print Press Operator
Optimum Staffing Solutions is an industry leader in providing prompt, professional and reliable one stop service of recruitment. Our services ranges through temporary staffing, temp to permanent, permanent recruitment, contract staffing, candidate selection. Optimum Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
The company is a global manufacturer of high-quality pharmaceutical labels and packaging including folding cartons, leaflets, speciality and functional labels. Their Facility is located in Etobicoke. .
We are seeking a skilled Press Operator to operate and maintain our 4-Color Heidelberg Press. This role demands precision, troubleshooting abilities, and a commitment to maintaining exceptional print quality while adhering to safety and quality standards.
|Job Type||Direct Hire / Permanent|
|Pay Rates||($30 - $39) and will be based on experience and skills|
|Available Shifts||Days and Nights|
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures efficient and safe operation of the press.
- Set-up, run and clean up press.
- Troubleshoot press issues.
- Responsible for all plate and blanket changes, registration and color.
- Works closely with prepress to insure quality printing.
- Practice safe work habits. Comply with all applicable legislative and Client’s health and safety, food safety, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors print quality and spot checks every 15 minutes to insure printing quality standards are being met.
- Reads and implements job requirements accurately.
- Communicates and fulfill daily printing schedule.
- Ensures all components are on-hand for the next job.
- Performs general housekeeping on a daily basis to maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance as needed on press.
- Follows GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and completes all related paperwork.
- Ability to work in a team environment, striving to meet and exceed quality and safety goals.
- Interact with all employees in a positive manner and promote safe and co-operative working environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- 2 to 5 years' Print Press experience.
- Over 2 years of experience in Heidelberg Press.
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions.
- Previous experience working in a label printing environment.
- Sound understanding of industrial controls networks and industrial drives.